Walthers Proto Union Pacific Heritage Fleet #5769 American Flag Baggage 920-9200
- Perfect for fan trip and excursion service
- Modern-Era UP excursion scheme
- Factory-Printed Car Names and UPP reporting marks
- Factory-installed grab irons
- Prototypically accurate window tinting
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
PLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature full underbody detail to match the prototypes, a minimum 24" radius is recommended for operation.
Delivered new in the fall of 1962, Postal Storage car #5769 was renumbered #24486 and reassigned to a planned new express service in 1969. When those plans were cancelled a year later, the car joined the maintenance fleet as #904286. In 2000, the car was reassigned once more, this time for special service during the political conventions that year, receiving large US flag graphics, and it's original car number with the new UPP reporting marks. Named for Council Bluffs, Iowa, UP's designated starting point, today it serves the Heritage Fleet as a Baggage-Recreation car.