HO Scale MLW RS-18 Locomotive: Canadian National (Tempo) Note: These locomotives do not feature HEP equipment.
Two of the Tempo units, 3151 and 3153, were involved in wrecks and rebuilt without their HEP alternators in the short hood.
- 3D scanned from an actual RS-18 for 100% accurate shape and dimensions
- Rapido’s innovative dead straight metal side handrails with plastic stanchions
- Incredible underframe detail including traction motor cables and other piping, re-railer and a ridiculous number of separately-applied parts
- Roadname-specific details with or without dynamic brakes where appropriate
- Operational headlights, rear lights, bi-colour class lights, illuminated cab control stand & operational factory-installed ditch lights (where appropriate)
- Separate grab irons and handrails installed at the factory
- Highly detailed cab interior with dual control stands where appropriate
- Heavy, die-cast chassis with Rapido’s proven 5-pole skew-wound motor with dual flywheels and silky-smooth drive
- DC/Silent (21-pin DCC Ready) or DC/DCC/Sound (ESU LokSound) options
- Accurate sounds recorded from a real Alco 251B prime mover
- Factory-installed Macdonald-Cartier couplers mounted at the correct height