Originally introduced by CN in 1968, majority of these cars still run today and are once again under the ownership of CN after operating for different carriers. June 2018 marks the 50th anniversary of the introduction of the Tempo, a unique CN passenger train that operated between Toronto, Windsor, Sarnia and Chicago.
Each HO Scale Tempo passenger car features:
- Scaled from blueprints and field measurements
- Full, multi-colour interior with individually-installed seats
- Complete underbody with separate piping and conduit
- Free-rolling, ball-bearing wheelsets
- Track-powered interior lighting and working marker lights
- Etched-metal end gates
The Rapido Tempo complete set is available in 2 different paint schemes - Canadian National and VIA Rail - with two sets of each scheme offered. Additional cars are also available for both CN and VIA, as well as the Algoma Central/Agawa Canyon Tour Train. Undecorated coaches are also available (Undecorated cafe and club cars are not being offered).