The EMD F40PH is synonymous with the Amtrak era of American passenger trains. Although it has been retired from Amtrak service, it operated for over 20 years. It continues to be the motive power for commuter railroads all over the United States, including the Chicago Metra. Over 400 F40PH locomotives have been manufactured by EMD in various configurations.
- Perfectly suited to pull Kato's Superliners or Bi-Level commuter cars
- Directional headlights
- DCC and Sound friendly with 8 pin plug and 1.1" (28mm) speaker opening
- Illuminated pre-printed number boards
- Powerful five pole motor with dual brass flywheels
- All wheel electrical pickup from scale 42" blackened metal wheels
- Detail specific to each railroad, including ditch lights, cab air conditioners, fan height, headlight arrangement, pilot, rear platform, and cab roof arrangement