Broadway Limited Imports HO 5644 Great Northern Class S-2 4-8-4 Vestibule Cab Brass Hybrid with Paragon3 Sound/DC/DCC and Smoke - GN #2577
In March and April of 1930, the Great Northern Railway received fourteen 4-8-4s from Baldwin and assigned them to the S2 class, numbering them 2575 through 2588. The S2s were assigned to the Montana division for service between Williston, North Dakota and Havre, Montana, and the Spokane division for service between Spokane and Wenatchee, Washington. One Great Northern S2, number 2584, still survives and is on display at the Havre, Montana depot.
BLI's mighty Great Northern S-2 represents their latest technology in Brass-Hybrid manufacturing to date. We hand-solder and compose the body shells of both the locomotive and tender using brass sheet metal and brass detail parts to achieve the most realistic and finely detailed S-2 possible all while utilizing precision-tooled die cast chassis for both the locomotive and tender to ensure the most reliable and precise operation possible. The end result is a GN S-2 that is far better than any mass produced unit, yet also better than any all-brass unit. A true masterpiece, indeed, at a fraction of the price of brass!
Paragon3 Sound & Operation System FEATURING ROLLING THUNDER with Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
- Factory Installed Engineer / Fireman Figures
- Synchronized Puffing Smoke with each Chuff
- Variable Puffing Smoke Intensity and Timing
- Locomotive Composition: Brass body with Die Cast Chassis
- Tender Composition: Brass body with Die Cast Chassis
- Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee or Compatible
- Compatible Tracks: Code 70, 83, 100 Rail
- Equipped with Traction Tires
- Minimum Operating Radius: 22 in or greate4