"BackShop Custom" Walthers Proto 85' Milwaukee Road Skytop Lounge w/DCC flashing rear light
NCE Light-it decoder installed
F0/Headlight - rear flashing marker light/led (red)
F1 - interior lighting/led (warm white)
- DCC address is #45 (written on bottom of car)
Walthers Proto 920-9171 is the model featured for this modification. We only made 3 of these custom cars. The cars had to be meticulously disassembled for this install.
NCE Decoder allows user to modify led intensity, flash patterns, and other key factors. We have it set to what it would look like prototypically during real operations. Interior light is (1) board mounted led. Rear marker is (1) surface mount led located in the actual marker housing.
Consisting: The Light-It will accept normal NMRA consisting commands. This makes it easy to control several Light-Its together such as when they are used in passenger cars for lighting. The consist address will not work for for changing CVs instead use the ‘main’ address.
Controlling Brightness: Each output has a separate brightness CV. CV140 controls the W/G output. Values of 0 to 255 are accepted with 255 being full brightness. CV141 and CV142 control the brightness of the Y and R outputs respectively.
Lighting Effects: Each output can have a different light effect. Values of 0 – 15 are valid. CV137 controls the effect for the W/G output. CV138 controls the Y output. CV139 controls the R output.
List of lighting effects in DCC operation when using a loco address: Effect 0 – off (all outputs off) Effect 1 – Steady on Effect 2 – Slow flashing Effect 3 – Fluorescent flicker A, more on than off Effect 4 – Fluorescent flicker B, more off then on Effect 5 – Fluorescent flicker C, a definitely dying fluorescent tube Effect 6 – Single strobe light (every 2 seconds) Effect 7 – Double strobe light (every 2 seconds) Effect 8 – Rotary beacon Effect 9 – RR crossing signal phase A (will not be in sync when used with loco address) Effect 10 – RR crossing signal phase B (will not be in sync when used with loco address) Effect 11 – Random on/off (times from 4 seconds to 1 minute) Effect 12 – Random on/off (times from 4 seconds to 2 minutes) Effect 13 – Random on/off (times from 8 seconds to 4 minutes) Effect 14 – Mercury vapor street light coming on (takes about 30 seconds to full brightness) Effect 15 – Rapid flash
- NEW - prototypically tinted windows with black gaskets as appropriate
- NEW - Factory-installed grab irons
- NEW - Modeler-installed extended drawbars for 22" radius curves.
- Silver Nystrom trucks with disc brakes
- Notched side sills
- Lowered steps
- Modified ends with new lift rings and diaphragms
- Turned metal wheelsets and correct trucks with built-in electrical contacts
- Fully assembled and finished in authentic colors
- Proto MAX(TM) metal knuckle couplers
- PLEASE NOTE: As these cars are the correct prototype length and feature full underbody detail to match the prototypes, a minimum 24" radius is recommended for operation.