Atlas HO EMD GP38 Low Nose Norfolk Southern #5634 - LokSound DCC
In the late 1970s/early 1980s, many railroads began to replace the existing oil-bath filters on their “early” GP-38s with easier-to-maintain paper air filter (which became a standard feature on later GP-38 production). Locomotives that received the new air filters could be identified by a modification to the dynamic brake blister, where the portion closest to the cab was “chopped” to make room for the new equipment. Two common styles of filter box (square and angled) are being produced and will be used as-appropriate per road name.
- Golden-white LEDs
- Realistic die-cast underframe
- Five-pole skewed armature motor with dual flywheels for optimum performance at all speeds
- Directional lighting
- Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
- Detailed cab interior with crew
- Separately-installed scale windshield wipers, metal grab irons and fine scale handrails
- Movable drop steps
- Walkway safety tread
- Coupler cut bars
- Multiple unit hoses and trainline hoses
- Electrical cabinet air filter box (ECAFB)
- Two engine compartment roof vents which were added by many railroads sometime after delivery
Sound Features for Gold Series:
DCC Operation Features:
- Supports all DCC-programming modes
- Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28.
- Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
Sound Functionality Features:
- Over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover sounds through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes and more.
- There are 16 user-selectable horns, 2 user-selectable bells, and 2 user-selectable synchronized brake squeals.
- Manual and Automatic Notching modes with the ability to change modes ”on the fly” are provided
for true realism.
Atlas Master™ Series Silver Additional Features:
NMRA 8-pin plug for DCC (Decoder-ready)