ATLAS HO AAR 70 TON 9 PANEL HOPPER, Canadian National 326432
Atlas HO 20004901 AAR 70 Ton 9-Panel 3-Bay Open Hopper Standard End Canadian National CN #326209
This familiar hopper was an industry standard on many railroads since the 1930’s. It was adopted by the AAR as a recommended design, but fell out of favor by the mid-1950s. While offering greater capacity over cars with conventional flat sides, the original open hoppers created corrosive interaction between acidic coal and the car’s joints, leading to costly rebuilding programs.
- True scale dimensions with accurate details
- Weighted, detailed underframes
- Equipped with AccuMate Knuckle Couplers
- Trucks equipped with free-rolling metal wheels
- Accurate painting and lettering